- The local civic group gives you a good neighbor award.
- Older folks drop by and ask you to turn up the music because they can’t hear it, and it sounds so delightful.
- The only dance those pole dancers whom you hired to spice things up seem to know is the Hokey Pokey.
- All but five customers leave when the first live set begins.
- The ones who do remain immediately get engrossed in a discussion of “Jane Eyre” and whether its best literary interpretation would proceed from a Marxist viewpoint, a typological one, or a textual-critical one.
- The deejay keeps spinning polka numbers from “One Last Time” and “I Wish I Was 18 Again,” by Frank Yankovic.